“Last year, a facial recognition system was used on live video from surveillance cameras at the European Games, in Baku, Azerbaijan, according to the tool’s developer, Tygart. During the June 2015 event, organizers watched a webpage that could issue an alert if a face in the crowd matched that of an individual on a watch list. ”
Baku2015 was the inaugural European Olympic Committee’s First European Games and was attended by 6,000 athletes from over 50 countries over 16 days, with over 600,000 tickets sold.
MXSERVER is a highly scalable cloud-enabled solution to process videos and photographs applying face recognition.
All faces in the media are:
- Extracted and cropped
- Searched against a watchlist
- Indexed so the media can be searched with a photograph
Media inputs to MXSERVER include:
- Body Worn Video
- Live surveillance cameras (CCTV)
- Archived video
- Online Sources (YouTube, Facebook etc)
- Confiscated hardrives, phones, PCs (Digital Forensics)
You can view more info on MXSERVER at: